May 11, 2016 - Peoria Fire Chief sees that a restricted dryer vent allowed the dryer to build up heat and catch on fire.
An adult and five kids were able to escape, but rescue crews found the dog on the first floor. The dog was given oxygen and is expected to be okay. The battalion chief said they quickly discovered the fire was coming from the clothes dryer. Due to extensive smoke damage, the American Red Cross is assisting the family.
“The lint trap only captures approximately 75 percent of the lint with the remaining 25 percent going out the vent. If there are bends or restrictions, the lint can accumulate. Routine cleaning of the vent between the dryer and the outside vent will reduce the risk of fire.”
The best way to prevent the possibility of a dryer fire harming your family is with an annual dryer vent inspection and cleaning by the professionals at The Lint King Dryer Vent Cleaning Experts.